The following instructions were designed to provide you with the most comfort and best healing environment. Please follow these instructions carefully to ensure adequate healing and decrease the chance for complications.
- Keep the incision clean and dry for 5 days. If you shower, do not get the incision wet and avoid baths, sauna, or hot tub use
- You may be advised to apply Polysporin to your incision twice a day for 5 days. Polysporin can be purchased at your local drug store.
- Unless otherwise directed by Sharma Skin & Hair Surgery, on day 6, you may remove the bandage and shower as usual. Ensure to completely dry the incision after your shower. You may let it air dry for a few mins before applying a bandage if needed
- Change the bandage at least once a day. Assess the incision for any signs of infection such as bleeding, swelling, drainage/pus, odour or if you experience pain that is not relieved by over the counter analgesic or have a fever, call our office immediately
- Avoid strenuous activity including lifting or stretching of the limb for 7-10 days
- You may have dissolvable or non dissolvable sutures and will be asked to return to the clinic in 7-10 days for a follow-up check and/or removal of sutures. Please ensure you have booked an appointment before you leave
- If antibiotics are prescribed to you, ensure to take them until finished